Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014



My old Microsoft Works had an important database on it, a Book Census. It outlined every book I own and location. Since I have over 10 bookcases , it is handy for finding books. Like last night, looking for Thomas More's Utopia and Machiavelli's The Prince. My youngest son needed them for a class.

Well, the file is in .wdb format and can't be opened. Free Microsoft Works downloads contain PUPS (Acronym for potentially unwanted program PUP or PUPs is a term used to describe unwanted programs such as Trojans, spyware and adware, along with other malware which may compromise your privacy.)

A little research shows that you can save the file in .cvs or .txt format which can then be opened in Excel. Thankfully, I still have a computer with the program and e-mail. Problem solved.

No comments: