Saturday, April 23, 2016

April 23, 2016



Finally, Spring is here. I'm sneezing and miserable from the tree pollen and Asparagus have arrived. The NYT has some really good recipes. Here is the one I picked:

Ingredients

2 pounds thick asparagus, woody ends snapped off
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt
freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
Fresh lemon juice (optional)

Nutritional Information

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil a baking sheet or a baking dish large enough to hold the asparagus in one layer. Place the asparagus in the dish, and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the stalks begin to shrivel and color lightly.
Remove from the heat, toss with the thyme and season with lemon juice if desired.

Tip

Advance preparation: If you want to serve this hot, there’s nothing to do in advance; however, you can serve it at room temperature. Don’t add the lemon juice until just before serving.



My youngest is in Italy. I sent him back a picture of me in the middle of the fountain circa 1984.



The Sistine Chapel is breathtaking.



R.I.P. Lonnie Mack.

No comments: