Sunday, November 20, 2016

November 20, 2016



The Union Square Holiday Market is now open.



City and State magazine continues with great covers.



Robbie Robertson is a great story-teller. His memoir is a terrific read. After I saw The Band at Woodstock, I was a fan for life.

A quote from an interview with Robertson, just like The Beatles in Germany, Robertson and The Band toiled many years honing their craft:
"Oh, I'm just the messenger." I don't know about any of that. I know that a big part of it is called really hard work. There are no tricks—that's what I do know.



I lucked out, The Last Waltz is available on-demand.



Great story in Testimony about meeting Sonny Boy Willamson II in Arkansas with Levon Helm. By coincidence One Way Out by the Allman Brothers popped up on my I-Pod.

Raise your window
I ain't goin' out that door
Raise your window
I ain't goin' out that door
'Cause the man out there might
Be your man, I don't know
If you raise your window
I can ease out soft and low
If you raise your window
I can ease out soft and low
Your neighbors gonna be talkin'
That stuff, me don't know
Ain't but one way out
I ain't goin' out that door
Ain't but one way out
I ain't goin' out that door
If I get away this time
I won't be caught no more
Ain't but one way out
I ain't goin' out that door
Ain't but one way out
I ain't goin' out that door
If I get away this time
I won't be caught no more

Written by Elmore James, Marshall E Sehorn

No comments: