Friday, October 4, 2019

October 4, 2019



Saw a Cardiologist yesterday. Seems my EKG was off. An Echo-cardiogram showed a good reading. Left with a prescription for high BP. Scary stuff when the first analysis is to see a cardiologist.



Staring at me from my bookcase was Citizen Cohn by Nicholas Van Hoffman.. Ok, I'll read it.



Also reading Behave by Robert Sapolsky. Dense at times but fascinating. After the science gets mind-numbing, I go to Roy Cohn for easier reading.



Right next to Citizen Cohn was Stephen King's Different Seasons. I had just again watched The Shawshank Redemption in a hotel room in London. There it was: Hope Springs Eternal: "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption." Also in the Four novellas: Fall From Innocence: The Body which was the basis for the movie Stand by Me.