Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011



I've officially declared Spring to be over. From here on in, only Summer Songs and Summer Ales.



Seh girl yuh pretty
Yuh face it pretty
But yuh character dirty
Gal yuh just a act too
Flirty flirty
Yuh run to Tom, Dick,
An also Harry
An when yuh find yuh mischief
Yuh talk bout yuh sorry
Sorry, sorry

Now every middle of the year dis girl go have abortion
Fi di coolie white Man, Indian no seek inna ((nail fun?))
An jus di other day me see her six months pregnant
Now she back buh sweet again without a baby inna pram

So yuh heard about this girl her name is Maxine
Her beauty's like a bunch of rose
An' if I ever tell you bout Maxine
You oughta say I don't know what I know (but)

Murder she wrote
Murder she wrote
Murder she wrote (Na nana)
Murder she wrote



DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince: Summertime.



See, I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
'Cause it's summer is here
I'm still waiting there
Winter is here and I'm still waiting there
Like I said,
It's been three years since I'm knocking on your door
And I still can knock some more
Ooh, girl, ooh, girl
Is it feasible, I wanna know now
For I to knock some more?



Pops and Ella, how can you top that?

No comments: