Thursday, January 24, 2019

January 24, 2019



This being my birthday month, I am getting automated greetings. So far, my local councilmember, Panera, Best Buy and I will get a free drink from Starbucks. More to come. Impersonal and automatic but I'll take it.



Speaking of automated greetings, Firefox recommends various readings based on answers to my interests. Also, I believe it recommends based on my internet searches. I am not that into philosophy but an article I recently read on William James was followed by this article from 2015 by Alison Gopnik: How an 18th-Century Philosopher Helped Solve My Midlife Crisis. A fascinating exploration of Eastern thought, Jesuits ,David Hume and personal growth. Thankfully, Gutenberg has both James and Hume.



Took the day off. A couple of chores, oil change and inspection and a few other things. Ouch! Needed new brakes, total bill $1291. Glad I had a nice reserve.



A gift to myself, I had read his other books and this one looks good. Captivating so far.



Boston Market just came in.

No comments: