Monday, January 21, 2019

January 21, 2019



MLK day, really cold.



Lunar eclipse and Super Wolf moon last night.

“Amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. Thus, the name for January’s full Moon.”



$17.50 win!



I knew as a New Yorker I was going to get hosed by the Trump Tax Cuts. Installed my tax program and started to input numbers. The elimination of SALT deductions, really a cap of $10,000, puts me into the standard deduction bracket. I knew it was coming and adjusted my withholding early in March. Still going to pay, about a grand, when I usually get about a $700 refund. Thankfully, my state refund will cover it and leave me a little extra but man I am paying through the nose. Wait until everybody in New York starts doing taxes, the howls will start soon. The IRS has suspended penalties and car sales are projected as down for 2019. No tax cut for New Yorkers. Same thing for California.



$20 win!

No comments: