Friday, December 26, 2008

December 26, 2008

Christmas had BBQ, Beer and Books, with
a nod to crosswords. I hope the gifts I gave are as
appreciated as the ones I received.



I received this scratch-off as a gift. I thought
I had a $10 winner. When the clerk checked the
pay-off, it turned out to be $30. Seems this Crossword fan
missed two words.



I also received a lot of beer. Many different
varieties. This will be the first tasting. Here is a description
from the Cooperstown, NY Brewery :"Ommegang, our first brew, was inspired by the centuries-old brewing practices of the Belgian Trappist monks. This burgundian brew gives off a variety of aromas, including plum and cinnamon, and packs in flavors such as caramel, toffee, and licorice. At 8.5% abv, it is known to cause spontaneous meditation."




Also on the gift list was a $50 Gift Certificate
to Hill Country Barbecue at 30 W 26th Street.
Will be going real soon. The $50 won't last long.



Last but not least, the latest book.

"That Chloe's hot," says Bruno, "but not too bright,
and she's always drunk ... and a slut ... and a bitch too."
She can't be both: a slut sleeps with anyone
but a bitch will sleep with anyone but you.

No comments: