Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 7, 2009



The beer for the day is a growler of Brooklyn Brown Ale.
So much better from the tap than from the bottle.



On last night, Manhunter by Michael Mann. This was the first
appearance of Dr. Lecktor (that's how he is billed)from the
book Red Dragon. It is a Miami Vice styled piece.
Brian Cox is great as Lecktor. You gotta love a movie that
features In-A-Gadda-Da Vida.

Great Scene:
Will Graham: I know that I'm not smarter than you.
Doctor Hannibal Lecktor: Then how did you catch me?
Will Graham: You had disadvantages.
Doctor Hannibal Lecktor: What disadvantages?
Will Graham: You're insane.



Mann and Manhunter brings back memories of this 86
series which featured some of the same cast - Farina,
Lang and Smitrovich.



A quick Glenn Gould Bach. After my Dead-Fest, I went
straight to Bach.

No comments: