Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009



Election Day. I voted. I always do.



Post-vote lunch at London Lennie's Crab Fest.



Sam Adams on tap. I like the glasses. Will make a
good Christmas gift.



Library trip resulted in three books to read.
This one just came out. Fortune Magazine examined
Ten Maxims.



I lived near the festival during the Summer and attended
the festival. The author's hand-drawn map in the front
is wrong and puts White Lake on the wrong side of 17B.
I E-mailed the author and he said it was a publisher error
and that I was the first to notice.



There used to be a Bear wrestling place on
First Avenue and 10th Street: McLaughlin's
Bear Pit. This author and others I have read take apart
Asbury's Gangs of New York.



Beat the Devil is now on Free Movies on Demand.
Co-written by Truman Capote.

O'Hara: I give you my word, I feel to you like an older brother. Oh, it's not so much a difference of age. It's probably, yes, the reason is, because I come from a culture which is so much older than yours. In my country, a child of 6 years old is older in his heart than you'll be at, at 60.

Billy Dannreuther: It smokes, it drinks, it philosophizes... at this rate I'll be 60 before you get to the point.

No comments: