Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 12, 2009



Cold sunny day. Crowded at 11:00 a.m.



Pine smell everywhere.



The Beth's Farm ladies break out their
crazy hats.



Apples in the sun.



Holiday Market in full swing.



Purchased this for my brother. The NYT Review was mostly
positive. I will read it before Christmas - Is that cheating or re-gifting ?

Barnes and Noble knocked it down 30%, I am a member
and received 10% and I received an e-mail giving me
an additional 25%. $29.99 down to $13.49, not bad.



This is the time I start force-feeding myself Christmas
music to get in the mood. The Nutcracker is #1 on the list.




Starbucks Making Merry has a nice set of tracks:
1. Baby It's Cold Outside - Willie Nelson and Norah Jones
2. Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town - Peggy Lee
3. Frosty the Snowman - Bing Crosby
4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Barbra Streisand
5. Buon Natale (Merry Christmas to You) - Nat "King" Cole
6. White Christmas - Ella Fitzgerald
7. The Christmas Waltz - Frank Sinatra
8. My Favorite Things - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
9. Blue Christmas - Dean Martin
10. Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys
11. Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms
12. Winter Wonderland - Doris Day
13. I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day - Harry Belafonte
14. I'd Like You for Christmas - Julie London
15. Silent Night - Richard Hawley



I really like the Willie Nelson / Norah Jones take
on Baby It's Cold Outside.

No comments: