Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29, 2010



Birthday week for me coincides with NYC Winter Restaurant week. Went to Smith and Wollensky today. The Surf and Turf was as good as ever.

Was there with three friends last night. I had mentioned Restaurant Week at work and then the next thing, it had to be done. It was great. The waiter gives us the regular menu, talks up an $89 special Cabernet and completely ignores the existence of Restaurant Week even with our obvious reaction to the Wine List. Finally, I ask for the Restaurant Week menu and magically,the special Wine List with $40 bottles appears. Hilarious. Wound up knocking down three bottles.



New book, a re-gift from my brother. Here's reviews
from Slate and NYT.



Same thing, duplicate gift turned over to me.



Richard Dawkins has a good article
on Dog Evolution.

No comments: