Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010



Beautiful day at the market.



Ramps all over, $3 or $4 a bunch. The Gothamist called them Foodie Heroin.



I made a Lobster, Squid , Mushroom and Ramps dish, excellent.



Yesterday was May Day, so demonstrations were on tap. This is Union Square. Demonstrations are part of of a long history.



Immigration reform was the topic.



Oh yeah, Asparagus out in force. Goes well with Ramps.



Finally paid a visit to a local spot:
Lao Bei Fang Dumpling House
86-08 Whitney Ave.
Elmhurst, NY 11373
Still figuring out the new digital camera. This is the place at night, very crowded.



$6.25 for twenty made-to-order Dumplings. Wow !

Written up in Edible Queens by JoeDiStefano. I agree completely, a real treasure. The dough twirling alone is worth a visit.



The Ice Man at his best.

Well, I've had it
Oh, forget it, I don't want it
Brother, you've got it
I'm giving up on love
Before love gives up on me



Finish-off to a great weekend, Lemon Ice and a nod to the creamsicle: Orange and Vanilla Ice.

No comments: