Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5, 2011



Monday and a Holiday = Greenmarket Lite. Still, picked up White Corn, Onions and Heirloom Tomatoes. The Heirlooms have recently gone down considerably in price.



Orchids for $20 a pot. Made me think of The Big Sleep and General Sternwood:

"A nice state of affairs when a man has to indulge his vices by proxy," he said dryly. "You are looking at a very dull survival of a rather gaudy life, a cripple paralyzed in both legs and with only half of his lower belly. There's very little that I can eat and my sleep is so close to waking that it is hardly worth the name. I seem to exist largely on heat, like a newborn spider, and the orchids are an excuse for the heat. Do you like orchids?"

"Not particularly," I said.

The General half-closed his eyes. "They are nasty things. Their flesh is too much like the flesh of men. And their perfume has the rotten sweetness of a prostitute."



My boys hit Polo hard, 30% off and an extra 20% for being on their On-Line account.



Coach had a big sale with 30% off. Big line just to get in, and then a 1/2 hour wait to pay.



I hit the Converse store for some cool T-Shirts. I still have my Back High-Tops.





Nooooooo !



A battle that you win cancels any other bad action of yours. In the same way, by losing one, all the good things worked by you before become vain.





Bobby Womack.

No comments: