Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, 2012


Just out in Paperback and after coupon and member discount - $12.50. The Information: A History, a Theory, a Flood by James Gleick.


I remember the second album when it first came out. Played it over and over in my dorm room in the Mid-West. I had seen them at Woodstock and I made everyone I knew aware of how good they were. Just made my own CD of the Second Album sprinkled with Rock of Ages live cuts featuring Levon Helm.


More Lilies. Went to P.E. and D.D. Seafood and got Flounder. Will be making Fish and Chips.


Asparagus at $4 a bunch. A bit much, always remember Babe Ruth's line to a Society matron about refusing some offered Asparagus: ""Because it makes my pee stink, ma'am."


Guy holding the dog caught my attention, holding it like a child. The dog looked happy.


Beer for the weekend is Foster's Oil Can. The steel can looked so much like an oil can, Americans gave it the nickname Foster's Oil Can, the name has stuck with it for more than 30 years.

No comments: