Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 19, 2013



Today will be the first memorial Mass for my wife, can't believe it has been over a month since she passed. Work has kept me busy and I am trying to navigate this new way of life. It will be interesting to see what the next few months will bring.



Been learning the I-Pad Mini. It has a million features. I think I will pick up a book to learn more. Barnes and Noble just sent me a 20% off coupon. At work, two women who I call the "I-Pad Queens" have tutored me on some features. They live and breathe their I-Phones and I-Pads. The NaturePix app is cool and it allows some great pictures to use as Wallpaper. The Queens showed me how to adjust the settings after I couldn't do it, even after some diligent researching.



Restaurant Week until February 8th. Went to Rosa Mexicano on First Avenue and 58th and it was great. The Waiter allowed us to order anything off the menu as part of Restaurant Week because two of four wanted to have different entrées.



Smith and Wollensky, the absolute best for Restaurant Week. They still give you the regular menu and regular Wine list and make you ask for the Restaurant Week menu. Part of the game. An Awesome deal, table of four with three bottles of wine came in under $400, when normally it would be around $800. Going back again next week.



Trying out the I-Pad Mini camera in Washington Square Park.



The guy playing was really good.



Next was a new BBQ place called Mighty Quinn's. It was the best Brisket I have ever had so far. I didn't get the sandwich, I ordered Brisket Naked.



The beans were good too and the slicer had just thrown Burnt ends in the Beans.



A great lunch. Cost $20.14. Worth it.



Beer selection was terrific, had the Greenport Duck Porter which went well with the Brisket.



On the way to the Greenmarket, I spot hundreds of San Francisco Giant Fans. The World Series trophy was on display at Finnerty's on Second Avenue and 13th Street.



An over-sized chess match.



The Dummies series are actually well-written and informative.



Read the NYT review about this book and it looked interesting. How to Think More About Sex, it is not a Sex manual, more of a self-help, philosophy book by Alain De Botton. Some fascinating observations about modern life.

No comments: