Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 28, 2013



Happy Thanksgiving !



Just installed Windows 8.1 from the Beta version. Too much work, I even called Microsoft and I was told to re-set and get the manufacturer's installation disks. I told the Microsoft Tech agent that the solution they suggested was insane and that Microsoft should really re-think their customer support.

The answer didn't seen right so I went back to researching the problem. I refreshed rather than re-set. That worked but it wiped out many programs such as Adobe Reader, Firefox, AOL, Office 365, Quicken and I-Tunes. Most documents were preserved and now my anti-virus program works. It would not in the Beta version. Thank God for Cloud back-up. Office 365 was a problem but a fix-it program wiped out all previous Office installs and all was back. Again , too much work and thankfully I am adept at finding solutions.

No comments: