Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014



A powerful piece on 60 Minutes last night on Liam Neeson. His thoughts on the death of his wife Natasha Richardson made me well up in tears. 60 Minutes Overtime had some additional insights: Living with Grief.

“Dealing with grief, dealing with loss-- there is power in hearing how other people have dealt with it and power in hearing how other people have faced it and live with it.” Anderson Cooper.

In the broadcast, Liam Neeson talked about the restorative effect of keeping busy:

Liam Neeson: I'm not good with-- without work. I just don't-- I wallow too much. You know? And I just didn't want to-- especially for my boys, to be-- seem to be wallowing in sadness or depression or--

Anderson Cooper: Having a schedule. Having some place to go. Having--

Liam Neeson: Having a schedule. Yeah. Yeah.

Anderson Cooper: That helps?

Liam Neeson: That helps a great deal.

No comments: