Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2, 2014



I received e-mails and correspondence from Time Warnertelling me that I should replace my modem for a new faster internet speed at no extra cost. Speed going from 35 mps to 300. Ok, installed the new modem after it was shipped to me. No new speed and now the phone doesn't work. I call tech services, can't help, they say get another modem. That I do, same problem. They then send a technician to my home. He informs me that my neighborhood isn't properly wired yet for the new system. May take a month, maybe sooner.

Yikes ! I wouldn't have bothered and now I have no phone and I also had to change printer and Netflix WiFi settings. I called Time Warner to complain. They gave me a $50 phone credit. Will call again after a while. I still have my cell phone and that is what most people I know call me on, but the home phone wakes me up when I get late night calls, which I sometimes get for work-related matters. The only upside was my billing was changed to add two more channels, Showtime and The Movie Channel, with a reduction of $54 a month in my bill.

Good and bad together but ultimately annoying since I pay a lot for the service.



Today and the next two Saturdays are Summer Streets.



The Whole Foods Picnic had long lines but lots of free stuff.



Christ of the Andes on the top; not the original, but the one on the Argentine / Chile border has this inscription in Spanish: "Sooner shall these mountains crumble into dust than Argentines and Chileans break the peace sworn at the feet of Christ the Redeemer."




No comments: