Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015



The Go Green East Harlem Cookbook Edited by: then Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer. He is now NYC Comptroller.

Made Rao's Lemon Chicken last night.



The Monty Python Encyclopedia. Both books picked up at Strand's for $5.36.



Woman Yes?
Man Burglar, madam.
Woman What do you want?
Man I want to come in and steal a few things, madam.
Woman Are you an encydopaedia salesman?
Man No madam, I'm a burglar, I burgle people.
Woman I think you're an encyclopaedia salesman.
Man Oh I'm not, open the door, let me in please.
Woman If I let you in you'll sell me encyclopaedias.
Man I won't, madam. I just want to come in and ransack the flat. Honestly.
Woman Promise. No encyclopaedias?
Man None at all.
Woman All right. (she opens door) You'd better come in then.
Man enters it through door.
Man Mind you I don't know whether you've really considered the advantages of owning a really fine set of modern encyclopaedias...(he pockets valuable) You know, they can really do you wonders.
Cut back to man at desk.
Man That man was a successful encyclopaedia salesman.



Huge influence on Monty Python was Spike Milligan. On his grave: Duirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite, Irish for "I told you I was ill."

No comments: