Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23, 2017



Perfect score !



Nighthawks by Edward Hopper at the Art Institute of Chicago.



Hopper: "[Nighthawks] was suggested by a restaurant on Greenwich Avenue where two streets meet. Nighthawks seems to be the way I think of a night street.
Question: Lonely and empty?
Hopper: I didn't see it as particularly lonely. I simplified the scene a great deal and made the restaurant bigger. Unconsciously, probably, I was painting the loneliness of a large city." - quoted in Katharine Kuh, The Artist's' Voice: Talks with Seventeen Modern Artists, p. 134



Matthew's Seafood- Ocean Beach, Fire Island, NY.



$70 win, $95 for the weekend.



Bart: Nights.I wake up sometimes. It's as if none of it really happened, as if nothing were real anymore.
Laurie: Next time you wake up, Bart, look over at me lying there beside you. I'm yours and I'm real.

No comments: