Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009



As mentioned in my post of 02/08/09, Happy Lincoln/Darwin
Day. It is also the theme of today's NYT Crossword.



Another restaurant, this time Vento in the
Meatpacking District. Their Lunch menu.



The Beer at lunch was Birra Moretti, a subsidiary of Heineken.
A real nice beer with a lot of flavor. I drank Peroni when in Italy.
The food was great. I had Chicken Saltimbocca(Italian: jumps in the mouth.)



Vento was appropriate, it means Wind in Italian.
The winds were fierce. A sign from a place up the block flew
off its hanging. A little Dante:

The Divine Comedy
Inferno: Canto V
The Second Circle: The Wanton. Minos. The Infernal Hurricane.

I’ cominciai: «Poeta, volontieri
parlerei a quei due che ’nsieme vanno,
e paion sì al vento esser leggeri».

And I began: "O Poet, willingly
Speak would I to those two, who go together,
And seem upon the wind to be so light."



Of course, it had to be a BBQ place. The place closed in January.

No comments: