Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 22, 2009



Wildwood BBQ was quite good. Only had appetizers and beer.
The Bacon, Jalapeño, and Shrimp dish was outstanding. Pigtrip
has a recent review.




The Brooklyn Brown Ale on tap was fresh and tasty.




The Queens Library is great. I ordered Spade and Archer on-line.
They sent me an e-mail to come pick it up and it was waiting for
me at the library. It is good. The Flitcraft incident and
randomness comes right at you in the early chapters. I can't
see reading it if you haven't read the original. Overall, a
worthwhile romp.




Also picked this up, featured in last week's acrostic.




Stumbled upon this one and picked it up. This is
a bonus. Never heard of it, but it is right up my alley.




Great tournament so far. It isn't perfect , but it is the purest
sports event out there. My bracket is doing well so far, I am in the
six thousand range on the NYT site.



This is a new place for beer in Brooklyn. They normally will
have 10 taps working. I wanted to get Jever Dark but they
were sold out from their grand opening yesterday. I went there
today and a very friendly staff recommended Sixpoint Sweet Action, a Cream Ale - 5% ABV, like Genny Cream Ale on steroids: Six Point Craft Ales. This is one great beer.

No comments: