Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1, 2009



A life-time of reading started with this. A high school English
Teacher threw away the Syllabus and gave the class Twain only.
This was the best.

I have 1263 books in my personal library and I constantly draw
from a world-class library, The Queens Library.




The same teacher assigned this in 1967. I have to say this
and The Lord of the Rings started my reading habit.



Big Storm coming in. I hope it is declared a Snow-Day.
I will go to work, but for the school-going kids it is such a treat.

A storm on its way reminds me of the old joke, sex and storms,
you never know how long they will last or how many inches you will get.



In 1968, I was in a cabin in upstate New York for the Summer
with no TV. There were lots of books. This one was one of them.
A true classic.



This one had a corresponding Classics Illustrated Comic Book.
It too was a great read.

No comments: