Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3, 2010



Greenmarket was crowded but lacked some of my favorites. Perhaps they stayed home for Easter. P.E. and D.D. Seafood was there and Squid and Scallops will be for lunch.



"Fidelio, op 72 - Beethoven. Mir ist so wunderbar"



Came across this Flowering Pear in the sun on First Avenue and 10th street. I was listening to Mir ist so wunderbar at the time.



This Flowering doesn't last long. Just beautiful.



Finally got around to watching this one on DVD. My kids liked it and told me I would like it too. It was interesting. Young Spock was well-played by Zachary Quinto and I appreciate the Re-Boot aspect. Events were changed by a time-traveler and now this is the alternate reality. The plot device also uses "Red Matter" which I had to look up to fully understand.



Beer for weekend is Captain Lawrence Brewing Company Liquid Gold. They are located in Pleasantville, NY. The beer has a nice flavor and goes down smoothly.

No comments: