Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011



Tomorrow is Lincoln's Birthday, this picture captures the young man on the rise.

April 6, 1859: Letter to Henry L. Pierce
This is a world of compensations; and he who would be no slave, must consent to have no slave. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it.



Still plowing through Chernow's Washington: A Life. I guess I had known it before but it was astonishing to see the number of Slaves (over 300) owned by Washington and his family. Chernow in an interview states:"I really felt that it was not a trivial fact of this man's life that he owned 300 human beings."



Egypt will put the Middle East on the right path , the alternative is unthinkable. Mubarak is no longer "Cling Tut." My recent readings involving Lawrence of Arabia schooled me in the development of the Modern Middle East by France and Great Britain with the Balfour Declaration. T.E. Lawrence preferred that the Arab states map their own destiny. The State of Israel also figures in the balance. The next couple of years will be interesting. The new era begins. Good luck world !



I'm a spy in the house of love
I know the dream, that you're dreamin' of
I know the word that you long to hear
I know your deepest, secret fear
I know your deepest, secret fear
I know your deepest, secret fear
I'm a spy, I can see
What you do
And I know



Time to kick back and take a little time off, like a four day weekend. Can't believe I was granted a Snow Day for dragging myself to work on January 27th. Will make use of it on Valentine's Day.



Rose sculptures on Park Avenue , a new public arts project by Will Ryman. Nice touch of color for the Winter.



Beer for the weekend is the Newcastle Brown Ale DraughtKeg. Smooth and tasty, not heavy at all.



With Egypt the biggest story in a decade, Time goes with Singularity as the cover. Computers will think like humans do by the end of the 2020s. Singularity — at which the progress of machines will supersede that of humans, put at 2045.

No comments: