Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011



Start the day with Champagne and Godiva Truffles.



Nectar Impèrial is the outcome of a special assemblage of the three grape varieties built around the structure of the Pinot Noir. It was designed to preserve the fresh taste of champagne while offering a subtle sweetness.

COMPONENTS
Approximately 200 individual crus make up this cuvèe. The traditional proportions for Nectar Impèrial are:
• 50-60% Pinot Noir
• 20-30% Pinot Meunier
• 10% Chardonnay
• 10-20% vins de réserve



Bill Murray and D.A. Points win the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. Carl Spackler would be proud.

Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.



Reading for next weekend's Presidents' Day Thomas Paine's Common Sense. Always heard of it and never read it, inspired to read it by Chernow's Washington: A Life.



A Guilty Pleasure, I get a real kick out of watching Survivor. The new twist is Redemption Island where losing contestants can win their way back.



Tonight starts Man v. Machine. Go Humans !

No comments: