Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012



Striped Bass on ice.



Garlic in the sun.



Oysters at P.E. and D.D. Seafood. Bought two pounds of Blue Fish ,Corn and Peaches. I had to forego Sycamore Farms Corn because their ears are too scrawny. I bought some hefty Pennsylvania Corn.



James Garfield was an interesting, accomplished individual. I'm glad I know more about him thanks to Destiny of the Republic. A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President, by Candice Millard.



My book didn't get delivered and I went to the Maspeth UPS facility after a phone call assured me my package was there. I descended into the fifth Circle of hell :Wrath or Sloth. Had to wait 2 1/2 hours. They can track a package from across the country but not at their site.



Fifth Annual Summer Streets! On August 4, 11 and 18 from 7 am to 1 pm.



Beer for the weekend. The Stats:

Malt: Bohemian Hanka, 100% floor-malted, Czech Republic
Hops: Hallertau Perle, Hallertau Mittelfrueh (Germany) and Saaz (Czech Republic)
Yeast: A proprietary lager strain, lent to us by our awesome pals at New Glarus Brewing of Wisconsin
Original Gravity: 14.6◦ Plato
ABV : 6.5% (estimated – Gold Standard is just about to go out for official lab analysis)
Food pairings: Spicy foods, fresh cheeses, burgers, oysters

No comments: