Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 30, 2015



New York city's real Chinatown is Flushing. Went to a luncheon at Da Hua Shi Fu . Peking Duck was fabulous.



Rotating middle a table staple.



This was fish with eggplant and mushrooms.



Irises at the Greenmarket.



Wynton Marsalis in a Jazz for Young People piece riffed on Blues and spoke of "I wanna lay my head on a Railroad track and when the train come along I'll snatch it back."

A little research found Buddy Boy Hawkins and Snatch it Back Blues.

Listen here people, these are my blues, I brought them all the way from Birmingham.
You know when it feels good to me it's bound to feel good to you
I'm goin to see how'd you like that?

I'm gonna lay my head out on some lonesome railroad track
I say, I'm gonna lay my head, mama, ah out on some railroad track
Well when that train come along, I'm gonna snatch it back



Looks like Warren Zevon's Poor, Poor Pitiful Me had some inspiration:

Well I lay my head on the railroad tracks
Waitin for the double E
But railroad don't run no more
Poor poor pitiful me

Poor poor pitiful me
Poor poor pitiful me
These young girls won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me
Woe, is me



No comments: