Saturday, January 7, 2017

January 7, 2017



One option for Christmas trees is buying potted ones to replant. Just delivered this one to my brother for a new home in New Jersey.



Did a quick visit to Joe and Pat's Pizza on Victory Boulevard. Great extra cheese pie. The Staten Island Advance recently had a "Best Pizza" Poll. Joe and Pat's came in sixth (poll was updated see next linked article.) My vote for Denino's came in third. Winner was a place I never tried: Mona Lisa Pizzeria. The comments on both linked articles are pretty funny. I will have to try Mona Lisa the next time I am out there.



Last night I was screaming at the TV "Put in Derrick Rose." The coach was right keeping Ron Baker in, he was instrumental in a great come-back win.



$25 win !



Snowed-in, forecast was originally 1-3", it is now 6-8." Vertigo is on TCM on-demand. One of my favorites:
Scottie: And then what did he do? Did he train you? Did he rehearse you? Did he tell you exactly what to do, what to say? You were a very apt pupil too, weren't you? You were a very apt pupil! Well, why did you pick on me? Why me? 

No comments: