Wednesday, June 28, 2017

June 28, 2017



While watching a Yankee game, I saw a "Baltimore Chop." In January 1963, I had this comic book.



It was the first time I had heard the term. From this page by a character called "Chopper."

A Baltimore chop is a ball that is hit sharply downward to produce a high bouncing ground ball. An ideal chop will bounce so high that the batter can leg it out for an infield single by the time the ball has come down for a fielder to field it.



Another strange sports story, Phil Jackson fired. I admire and like the man, but it was time to launch him.



Big Brother 19 starts tonight, I can't help myself, I'll be watching it. It gives you many insights to people you would normally have nothing to do with, ever. I always learn a new phrase or slang.

No comments: