Saturday, October 3, 2009

October 3, 2009



Early morning at the Greenmarket. No lines
at P.E. and D.D. Seafood where I bought some Bluefish.
No more peaches and corn is at its end. Tonight's feast
is Stuffed Peppers.



40,000 - 50,000 (Scoville scale) Santaka pepper

The Scoville scale is a measure of the 'hotness' of a chilli pepper or anything derived from chilli peppers, i.e. hot sauce. The scale is actually a measure of the concentration of the chemical compound capsaicin which is the active component that produces the heat sensation for humans.



Serious Eats has an Oktoberfest taste test.
I am conducting my own and last night enjoyed
Spaten Oktoberfest on tap. It was splendid.
Sweet, smooth and strong.



My son has to read this for an English class.
I knocked it off in one night. It is a quirky but enjoyable book.
The title derives from a line in a Sherlock Holmes short story:
Silver Blaze.

No comments: