Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 4, 2009 - Harvest Moon



Shine On Harvest Moon
By Nora Bayes and Jack Norworth (1903)

Shine on, shine on harvest moon
Up in the sky,
I ain’t had no lovin’
Since January, February, June or July
Snow time ain’t no time to stay
Outdoors and spoon,
So shine on, shine on harvest moon,
For me and my gal.



On my must read list: Generosity by Richard Powers.
Reviewed
in today's New York Times Book Review by Jay McInerney.



Pumpkin Ale, not bad. Ale Street News has a column
by Lew Bryson on why Pumpkin Ales generally suck.



My own Oktoberfest Taste-Test. The line-up minus Blue Point.



Brooklyn Oktoberfest wins, a close race and beats out
Spaten Oktoberfest on tap. Blue Point Oktoberfest was
very good but I have to rate it a close third.
Sam Adams Oktoberfest on tap is last but not least.
I liked them all. You can't miss with any of these brews.

No comments: