Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 17, 2010

In today's NYT Crossword: Sunday, October 17, 2010 34D "Dies ___" (hymn)

IRAE used 78 times since November, 1993.



The Missa pro defunctis, the Mass for the dead.

A day of wrath; that day,
it will dissolve the world into glowing ashes,
as attested by David together with the Sibyl.

What trembling will there be,
when the Judge shall come
to examine everything in strict justice.



Book review in today's Newsday. I never realized that their reviews come from elsewhere, in this case: The Washington Post.


Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times

Today's Op-Ed piece by Maureen Dowd titled Playing All the Angles is pretty damn funny.



As people in the financial field say: Past Performance is No Guarantee of Future Results. Let's go Yankees !



Reviewed in the Washington Post.



Very hot on the club circuit according to my son. Yolanda Be Cool is derived from a line in Pulp Fiction - Jules: "Yolanda, I thought you said you were gonna be cool. Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherfuckers get scared, that's when motherfuckers accidentally get shot."



Watched Godfather III. Some good scenes and Eli Wallach.



Guys could dance.

No comments: