Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011



Happy July 4th !



The Lot, a new Food Truck Beer Garden under The Highline.



Nice outdoors setting at 10th Avenue and 30th Street.



Brooklyn Brewery is featured. They made a beer just for The Lot:Brooklyn High Line Elevated Wheat. It was decent but the Pennant Ale on tap was much better.



Today they only had Three Trucks. I was looking forward to getting dumplings and they were not there. I then went to 14th Street and Vanessa's was closed.



No problem, in Elmhurst Lao Kuo Wei has the world's best dumplings. $7 for twenty.



Summer Streets takes place on consecutive Saturdays in the summer on August 6th, 13th and 20th, 2011 from 7am – 1pm.



Mr. Mojo Risin died forty years ago on July 2, 1971. Keyboardist Ray Manzarek and guitarist Robby Krieger recently lit candles at his grave. Drummer John Densmore prefers to be the Keeper of the Flame.



Donald Pleasence in The Twilight Zone's The Changing of the Guard .

A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad. 1896

“When I was one-and-twenty”
I heard a wise man say,
"Give crowns and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away;
Give pearls away and rubies
But keep your fancy free."

But I was one-and-twenty,
No use to talk to me.

When I was one-and-twenty
I heard him say again,
"The heart out of the bosom
Was never given in vain;
'Tis paid with sighs a plenty
And sold for endless rue."

And I am two-and-twenty,
And oh, 'tis true, 'tis true.




The Hot Dog eating contest is a garish event. Joey Chestnut takes his Fifth straight Mustard Belt. My event: grilled Dogs with Budweiser BBQ Sauce, doctored-up a little.

John Milton : Hide me from day's garish eye, While the bee with honied thigh, That at her flowery work doth sing, And the waters murmuring With such consort as they keep, Entice the dewy-feathered sleep.

No comments: