Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011



Greenmarket was active and crowded.



Peaches have arrived at Terhune Orchards.



Sycamore Farms has corn, a little small, 5 for $3 but the price will go down and they will get bigger.



Because of a family medical issue, I think whatever trips are taken this year will be short ones. Staycation !



My local store now has a new item: The Bialy-Bagel. Not bad, I still prefer the regular Bialy but this is an interesting combo.



A little extra money became available, time to go out! It's a chain but a good one. Also, walking distance from my house so I can have a few drinks. Next week starts NYC Restaurant Week.



I guess I will be visiting most of the Beer Gardens this Summer. Today, was BeerParc on Sixth Avenue and 29th Street.



Nice pleasant setting.



Good beer selection. Magic Hat #9 on tap was quite tasty.



Food was good. $3 Shrimp Cocktail hit the spot.



Big Screen TV to watch Derek Jeter get his 2,999th hit. He later homered for 3,000. For the day he was 5 for 5 , including the game-winning RBI single in the eighth inning, as the Yankees beat the Rays 5-4.



Quiet and shady.



The Queens Library had the book. Amazon and Barnes and Noble Web Sites were selling it for over $100. Amazing.



While looking for the above book, I came across this one.



Heard about this one a while ago and came across it in the Library.

No comments: