Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 2011



Setting up the Christmas Village.



Pears in the Sun.



Gandhi arriving in Kauai.



Another Cornucopia. Went to P.E. and D.D. Seafood for Lobster and Squid. Peconic Bay Scallops were sold out but for $26.99 a pound I would have passed.



Apples on the Sun



More Apples in the Sun.



Grapes in the Sun.



Even though I usually avoid all thing from Boston, the NYT Crossword led me to this Group. Just downloaded The Rascal King and The Impression That I Get.



A 25% discount coupled with my member discount got me this book for 1/2 price. My youngest son who is in a Marketing Class told me about it.



Greatest time of my life was when The Knicks were on fire: 1969 - 1970. Throw in for good measure The Mets, The Jets,(yeah, I am a Yankees/NY Giants fan but the City went crazy - you had to be there) Woodstock and going away to College. Always was home by April, so watching the Knicks on Cable was heaven. Back then, only Manhattan had Cable TV and Knicks/Rangers games were part of the package. The Saloons were packed with Long Island fans and watching games was like being in The Garden.

No comments: