Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 15, 2015



Ash Wednesday this week. I will be giving up all sweets and snacking, my usual fast. It is a useful exercise, giving up things. You notice your patterns and habits. I will partake in Mardi Gras, lots of Bagels and cookies for my work mates. A colleague and I feed the masses every year. Laissez les bons temps rouler! Cajun music too.

Remember that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return.



The reminder of Ash Wednesday brings home that my shelf life is about 17-20 years left, God willing. Heaven knows how good my mental and physical health will stand up. I guess It brings home the point that every day should be made worthwhile.



The Clash was featured in today's NYT crossword. This is an old picture from May of 2012, a new mural was put up in 2013.



No comments: