Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9, 2013



Have to say, thanks to XM Radio and my I-Pod, my car is a virtual Juke Box. I am listening to more music lately. Right now, it is mostly Jazz and Reggae. Classical comes next. The XM 70s on 7 station is a hoot.



Come A Little Bit Closer by Jay and the Americans. It was written by songwriters Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart, as well as Wes Ferrell.

So we started to dance
In my arms, she felt so inviting
That I just couldn't resist
Just one little kiss so exciting
Then I heard the guitar player say
"Vamoose, José's on his way"
Then I knew, yes I knew I should run
But then I heard her say, yeah

Come a little bit closer
You're my kind of man
So big and so strong
Come a little bit closer
I'm all alone
And the night is so long



More Barnes and Noble coupons, This one a look at Shakespeare's Julius Caesar by Garry Wills.



With discounts, the Gangs of New York DVD came to $5.50. Daniel Day Lewis is terrific in it.



Bloody Mary Mix by Migliorelli Farm will start tomorrow morning.



Peach Blossoms.



Starting St. Patrick's Day today with Guinness Black Lager and Soda Bread. The NYT has a great piece by John Patrick Shanley on being Irish.



Edible Manhattan has an essay entitled "Squid Pro Quo."

No comments: