Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 19, 2017



Chuck Berry R.I.P. :

Hail, hail rock and roll
Deliver me from the days of old
Long live rock and roll
The beat of the drums, loud and bold
Rock, rock, rock and roll
The feelin' is there, body and soul.



Just realized I had none of his songs on my I-Pod, just added 30. Above is his Cadillac El Dorado at The National Museum of African American History and Culture.



TCM on demand, Gene Hackman in a 1975 noir. I recently watched The Drowning Pool which had in a similar role.

The title reminds me of a favorite Bob Seger song:

I awoke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in



Down, ambiguous ending, floating aimlessly in a boat named "Point of View."

"Penn has several times said that the mood of the film was a consequence of the Kennedy assassinations in 1963 and 1968 (he worked for both John and Robert) and the killing of the Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics (which he witnessed) . “This was a period,” he said in 1994, “when we’d had all those assassinations in America. It was a terrible period, and I felt we were wandering around in a kind of blindness unaware of what we were doing to ourselves. It was a crazy period, and I thought we should tell this detective story in a way that could only be understood by what we see, not by what we are told. That’s the way the film ends. We learn who has been doing these things at the exact same moment Harry Moseby learns it: by looking through the glass–bottomed boat.”
Loose Ends in Night Moves.



Movie features Twilight Zone vet

No comments: