Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 5, 2017



Listening to the Laura Nyro Live at Carnegie Hall CD. Really taken with When I was a Freeport and You were the Main Drag. Does it refer to the Freeport Speedway and drag racing ? Or is it a free port and a highway ? Speedway to her heart ? Or is drag a boring or tiresome person ? That song and a terrific Sweet Blindness make the album a special one.

You took my heart, misery
You taught me blues
Well I got a lot of patience baby
That's a lot of patience to lose
I'm crying, I'm mad at my country
Now I've been treated bad
When I was a freeport and you were the main drag.

Broken blues, I just don't know
Little bird, flying by my window
Take me where you go
I'm crying - I'm looking at these times
And It's bound to drive me mad
When I was a freeport and you were the main drag



St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday this year, right in the middle of Lent. Problem ? No worry, Bishops throughout America granting dispensations for Corned Beef eaters. I prefer Pastrami myself. I will have Irish Coffee and pass on the beef.



$25 win !



Ordered this stein from Amazon.

No comments: